Whitefield Patient Forum
Whitefield Patient Forum was formed in October 2009. The forum consists of patient members of different backgrounds as well as staff members to help patients take responsibility of their own health and to provide strategic input and advice to the practice. The purpose of forming a patient forum in the practice was:
- to give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in the practice
- to provide means for patients to mae positive suggestions about the practice and specific conditions as an 'expert' or 'experienced patient'
- to encourage health education activities within the practice
- to develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients such as befriending; help with transport; and bereavement support
- to act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care
The patient forum hold meetings every quarter at the practice. Patients can write to the forum if they have any particuar concerns or suggestions they would like the forum to discuss and come up with a solution. Patients should write to:-
Pauline Stuttard; Chair Whitefield Patient Forum; Whitefield Health Care; Yarnspinners PHCC; Carr Road; Nelson; BB9 7SR.